SIMAERO introduces its complete suite Online Learning Management System.
As soon as 2020, in response to the travel restrictions affecting airlines throughout the world, and taking advantage of the latest evolution of EASA regulations regarding ATO remote courses, Simaero started developing its next generation of Online Learning Management System.
Today a full suite combining internally developed and market standard tools, the Online Learning Management System has been formally christened WISDOM. It covers commercial pilot type rating and recurrent training content for all the aircraft platforms covered by SIMAERO wide ATO courses (including Airbus A320, A330, A340, A350; Boeing 737, 757, 767, 777, 787; ATR 500, 600).
WISDOM offers a number of very attractive features for clients :
- A dedicated place for the trainees’ and instructors’ files, training documentation and records, programs’ contents, manuals, and syllabuses, all accessible online from any place in the world.
- All the lessons are available online through interactive courses without an instructor, allowing students to study at their leisure, irrespective of their time availability and location. They do not have to fly to a training location anymore for most of the ground courses! They can contact an instructor through distance communication at any time if they have questions.
- In line with the latest EASA regulation, classroom time with an instructor is thus reduced by c.80%.
- Most of the ground course contents normally presented in a classroom with an instructor is covered, such as Mass and Balance, Limitations, Performances, normal and abnormal standard operations procedures. Special modules for Low visibility, Upset Recovery, Performance Based Navigation are available as well.
- It is a very efficient way to assess the pilots for license revalidations, to do theoretical knowledge refresh training as well as to conduct tests of theoretical skills.
- Together with market standard online learning tools covering aircraft system courses, FMS and cockpit procedure training, Wisdom covers 100% of the theoretical training of commercial pilots.
WISDOM is also designed to house the Operator’s courses in one place, to organize these courses remotely, with automatic completion updates and reminders to managers and users, that ensures efficient surveillance of training records of personnel. This solution is available for all the clients of SIMAERO.
Since July 2020 SIMAERO clients have started to use the WISDOM and the feedback is very positive: quick and easy access to an intuitive online platform, which is adapted to all internet browsers and IOS and Android platforms of all devices such as computers, notebooks, iPad, tablet, smart telephones, allowing real-time monitoring of trainee progress and providing reduction of costs for companies and trainees, optimizing the rotation of teaching personnel and allowing to save time and expenses of all concerned parties.
“This name is the signature of the hard work and in-depth expertise of the SIMAERO ATO teams, both in terms of quality of the theoretical content and efficiency of the delivery platform”, – says Patrice Galinier, Head of Training of SIMAERO. “ Our main goal was to provide to Clients from all around the world with an efficient solution to performing pilots’ training remotely, avoiding unnecessary travels time and costs. All this is achieved with the highest quality standard, approved by EASA as a modern and cost-effective tool to deliver theoretical instruction.”
SIMAERO is a global independent provider of flight simulator capacity, flight crew training, simulator leasing services, engineering, maintenance and consultancy to commercial airlines and simulator operators, with presence in France, South Africa and China. With 17 simulators in operation across its international network, SIMAERO provides a comprehensive range of training solutions for Airbus A220, A320, A330, A340, A350; Boeing 737, 757, 767, 777, 787; ATR 500, 600; ERJ 145; Beech 1900; Dash 8; MD80/82; Fokker 100. SIMAERO Training Organization for pilots is certified by EASA and has further been certified by many other civil aviation authorities’ qualifications including South Africa, Jordan, Brazil, Nepal, Malaysia, Ivory Coast and many others.